As scientists at St Joseph’s we investigate and explore the world around us. We use our scientific voices to question and reflect, developing our understanding as we learn.
Please see below for an overview of what we teach in each year group:
At St. Joseph’s our aim is to:
- Provide a range of opportunities to study the world, the universe and all of Creation.
- Develop scientific knowledge and skills through a range of ‘hands on’ enquiries.
- To develop a sense of curiosity and excitement towards Science.
- To provide opportunities to explore and develop ideas and opinions.
- To consider how Science has changed our lives and how it is vital for the future.
Please see below for the whole school science overview and individual year overviews:
See below for knowledge organisers for each year group showing more detail about what we learn each topic:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|coming soon||coming soon||coming soon||Living Things and their Habitats||Earth and Space||Electricity|
|Animals including Humans||Living Things and their Habitats||Evolution & Inheritance|
|Sound||Animals Including Humans||Light|
|Electricity||Properties of Materials||Animals including humans|
|States of Matter|