Science education provides the foundations for understanding the world through biology, physics and chemistry. As part of a rich science curriculum, children at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School are taught essential aspects of scientific knowledge, methods, processes and the uses of science through a range of science enquiries.
At St. Joseph’s our aim is to:
- provide a range of opportunities to study the world, the universe and all of creation
- develop scientific knowledge and skills through a range of ‘hands on’ enquiries
- to develop a sense of curiosity and excitement towards science
- to provide opportunities to explore and develop ideas and opinions
- to consider how science has changed our lives and how it is vital for the future
Please see below for the whole school science overview and individual year overviews: