At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School we are committed to promoting a positive learning environment where every child is valued and their achievements are recognised.
We aim to:
- Achieve the best outcomes for every child in our care and to ensure early identification of those with Special Educational Needs.
- Recognise that every child is unique and that each and every child has differing educational needs.
- Provide a high quality and appropriate curriculum
- Ensure that every child is included in all aspects of school life.
- Help young people develop a sense of responsibility and respect towards others, with some support from our House Captains, buddy system and Chaplaincy Team.
- Work closely with parents and outside agencies, when necessary, to provide specific strategies, resources and other adaptations to support learning
- Promote a culture of inclusion by celebrating good attendance and punctuality
Support for parents and carers
If you have concerns about your child’s progress, you should speak to your child’s class teacher first of all. The class teacher is responsible for checking your child’s progress and overseeing any additional support your child needs including targeted work or letting the Inclusion Leader know if there are concerns. They will discuss those concerns with you and then, if necessary, with the Inclusion Leader.
Bristol Parent Carers are available to work with families of pupils with Special Educational Needs. Contact: email@example.com
KIDS Independent Supporters are available to help families fill out Section A of the education, health and care plan (EHCP) form.
Supportive Parents provide the Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIAS) for Parents/Carers of Children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND) and Children & Young People with SEND. Contact them on 0117 989 7725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For online information and support with SEND please visit the link below: